The following command file will download a copy of all the data stored in your PEM2.
This command only applies to PEM2s purchased or recalibrated after April 7, 2009 due to a change in PEM2 firmware. PEM2s purchased (but not recalibrated) prior to this date will not be affected by this command.
- The first step is to insert a blank flash drive into your computer. You’ll be saving the command file to this flash drive; and then inserting it into the logger to apply the change.
- Open your web browser to: https://eclimatenotebook.com/pem2_nl.php
- Click on “Settings” Below where it says “PEM2 Hardware Support” (you will not need a username/password to access this area).
Enter the serial number for the logger in the first text field (in the format P2_XXXXX).
The serial number is NOT required, and if a serial number is entered the command file will ONLY work on that datalogger.
Find the Checkbox labeled “Download All Data” and click to select it.
- Click on the “Generate” button at the bottom of the page. This will create a file called command.pm2 (or P2_XXXXX.pm2, such as P2_01234.pm2, if you entered a serial number) – it will either automatically be saved to your “Downloads” folder, or you will be prompted to select a Save In location; this will depend on your web browser’s settings.
- Once the file is saved to the flash drive, eject it from your computer and then insert it into the PEM2 logger. Once the hourglass clears, remove the flash drive.